Since I last wrote, we haven't done much that is different. :) We went to a mall to window shop and eat lunch on Friday. We met up with local friends that we met on previous mission trips to Quito, on Thursday. It was great to see them and it's so nice to have friends down here to help us figure out how to live in Quito. Saturday we hung out at the apartment most of the day. We took a walk around the neighborhood and went to the park across the street to try to fly the kite. Not much wind so that didn't last long. :)
Today we met our friends again for lunch. Then we headed back to the apartment for more movies, coloring and playing. We got to Skype with the kids and with my mom.
We have a meeting Tuesday with our in-country rep to do power of attorney, I believe. Maybe we will find out about a court date, we don't have one yet.
We have had a couple funny adventures this week. The first was on Wednesday when we ordered pizza for delivery. We had instructions to help, but it was still hard to understand the person on the phone. I took a deep breath and dialed the phone. When I hung up, I told Tim "I think I ordered a cheese pizza it cost $11 and it will be here in ?5 minutes." It did come to us right and it was 25 minutes. :)
The other was when we were trying to catch a cab. Up to that day we hadn't had any trouble. This time it was very busy and just starting to rain. We had 3 or 4 taxi's come to us and none of them knew where we needed to go. We have an address written down. We called our friends to ask for cross streets to give a driver. We crossed the street where it seemed less busy and hailed another taxi. (I'm getting better at it, by the way.) I told him the streets and he asked me something and I told him a landmark nearby and he seemed to know where we needed to go. We got in the taxi and I told Tim that "I think he knows where we need to go." After we started to drive I recognized a few billboards and knew we were ok. We then managed to tell him a few more directions when we were near the apartment. Phew! We made it. We can laugh about it now. :)
I have just a couple pictures of Tim and Vale from the past couple days. I need to do a better job taking pictures!
The kids are doing well with Grandma. Lizzie had a birthday party to go to and had a sleep over with a friend. They had a book fair at school this week and it sounds like they bought some great things.! They had lunch out today at Sonic!
Tim and Vale sleeping on the way from Ambato to Quito
Tim and Vale watching a live stream of Rock The Lakes, that Tim usually goes to for work.


1 comment:
Love the pictures and so wonderful to hear of your adventures. Continuing to pray for you all. Stay safe and keep sending the info.
Post a Comment