We have had some excitement in the past few days. We got a dvd in the mail from our adoption agency that had some video of Kayla on it! Tim took this picture from it. It was so great to see her and hear her talk and talk and talk.... She is quite a talker. We understood some of it. :) We all agreed that she is even more adorable. Tomorrow, August 13, is her 7th birthday!! I hope she gets to do something fun. I will be thinking of her and praying for her even more than normal tomorrow.
Other things to update:
Someone has told us they have a twin bed frame, mattress and box springs that they are donating for Kayla. That is great news!!
Also, we have been told by Lifesong that people can still donate to our Lifesong account past the previous August 14 deadline! Donations can be received up until we leave, and maybe after. I will let you know if they give me a new deadline. Our account number is "Preference Gale Adoption #2913". You would write that on the memo line of a check or in the purpose section online. There are full details at the bottom of the "Adoption Expenses" page, on the Lifesong Link to the right, or you can let us know if you need more info. :)
We also do have a place to stay in Quito. What a relief! It is near a park and a church we can attend. It will be quite the adventure since we will be shopping for our own groceries and making meals and getting used to new foods and ingredients... I will definitely have to follow high altitude directions. Quito is around 9,000 ft above sea level in the Andes Mountains. More to come on that when we are there, I am sure. :)
That's it for now. Thank you for keeping up with us!!
Cindy

No comments:
Post a Comment