Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adoption Update

Hope everyone is having a great week! We are doing well and trying to get ready for school to start. I also seem to be in some type of nesting mode, if that exists for adoptions. I am trying to clean out and sort everything and prepare things for when I'm gone for so long in Ecuador... Making sure the kids have pants that will fit, since it will likely get cool while I'm gone. Things like that. Lots of random thoughts come to mind in the middle of the night that get added to my list. :)

We are very excited that we get to mark "Funded" next to some expenses for our adoption. God provided more donations through Lifesong!!
I feel like a broken record, but we are just so in awe of the generosity of friends and family and the provision of God.

The quilt raffle is going great! Since we met our $300 goal already, Tim's mom has raised it to $600!

Also, the I800 was sent to USCIS so let the countdown begin for that to get back approved. :) I think it could take around 30 days. The I800 is the approval of the U.S. to allow Kayla to be a citizen because we are adopting her. When I come back to the U.S. with her, she will be a citizen when we land in Miami!
After the I800 is approved there are a couple more steps and then we will get permission to travel.

We have a special prayer request- The adoption agency said the government in Ecuador is going to try to keep our in-country stay as short as possible, maybe less than 7 weeks for me! Pray that it may happen. We won't know before we leave, so we still have to book flights and housing for the whole time and change dates later, if needed. This hasn't happened yet for any families we know, but maybe....

Thank you for your prayers and support!!!

Cindy


No comments: