We just received word that our T-shirt fundraiser page is up and running! I put a link on the side. :) Or you can go to www.adoptionbug.com/gale
We heard from our Adoption Agency this week. She said the Social Services in Ecuador wanted to know how things were coming along for us. I don't remember what I posted before, but we are trying to adopt a waiting child. She is 6 years old and her name is Valentina. (We may do a name change). She was in an orphanage for her first 3 years of life and with a foster mom for the past 3 years. They told us that the foster mom just got re-married. Also, that her schooling is paid for until we get there so she can stay in school. Talk about pressure!! We aren't guaranteed a match with Valentina until further down the line, but it's headed that way now. The Social Services in Ecuador would like us to get her asap! I told them we are working as fast as we can! :)
I am praying that the man that the foster mom married is kind to Valentina and that she is being cared for. I am praying for swift paperwork and eventually swift fundraising. I know God's got it all in His hands. When I talked with the agency that is doing our Home Study to see how things are going she said that we have all the papers from previous states that we've lived in back already! She said that is a miracle!! Just need a couple more things.
The Home Study should be done this month sometime. After that we will apply for grants and send paperwork through a bunch of other steps. (that is a technical term haha) It could be that we travel to get Valentina this Fall!
I still can't believe we are doing this. Some days it feels like a dream. Others not so pleasant, but still surreal. We have talked about it SO long. It seems strange to be living out the events.
Thanks for coming with us!!
2 comments:
Wow Cindy, it sounds like things are moving right along. Keep you guys in my prayers!
Hi Cindy, you are doing so well getting all the tasks completed, one by one, though it is sometimes hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, you will be so blesses through the process.
I am hearing from the other families that allot of one on one time is needed for bonding, even for 3 months after returning. It is not an option for me to leave Darragh so i did not consider it. It may a blessing for you and Kayla to have the time togehter. I know you will pray and follow God's leading.
Post a Comment