We had a great visit with our social worker last week. That was a huge relief! We will see her one or two more times later in April to finish things up with her part of the Home Study.
This week we are looking at the many fundraising options that exist for adoptive families and possible grants we can apply for. I am telling you, when you fill out a grant application they want to know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about you, and then some!! It is very interesting.
We have added a Paypal button to the blog page, as you can see, that can be used for direct donations for our adoption. We are selling coffee, are getting signed up to sell T-shirts, have a Yard Sale on June 9th, and have a car wash scheduled for June 23rd at good ole Chick-fil-a!! I am tired just thinking about it!! :)
Once our Home Study is finished, we can apply for grants. There is one organization called Lifesong for Orphans that will allow us to set up an account for donations from our friends and family to be tax deductible! Most, if not all, of the grants have different application deadlines throughout the year, so hopefully our Home Study will be done at the right time to meet some of those deadlines.
As a part of our adoption from Ecuador, we need to complete 10 hours of Adoption Training. We chose an online course option through Adoption Learning Partners. That's another thing we started this week. Wow, we have done a lot. No wonder I am tired. We have a long way to go, but that's ok.
I started learning Spanish a couple years ago for one of the mission trips I went on to Ecuador. I am working on learning more. I know some basics, but figure it will be very helpful to know as much as I can. My guess is that the child we will adopt will speak little to no English. Plus I'll be in Ecuador for anywhere from 5-8 weeks so it will be helpful for that too.
I am so glad that it's all in Gods Hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment