I have a small update for this week. I just made the appointment for our first visit with our social worker for this Thursday night. She will come to meet and talk with us both as a family and individually. That ought to be interesting with the kids. :)
Other than that we are filling out more paperwork.
I still find it hard to believe we are doing this. Even though it is overwhelming, I have felt at peace. God has even sent a dove to sit on our house every day and coo. (My walking partner helped me see that.) I try not to get too many steps ahead of myself. Sometimes I start trying to figure out how we wilL raise the funds we need, or how we will handle arrangements when it's time to travel, how I'll miss everyone being gone for over a month, that "Valentina" will have another birthday without her forever family ( if we get matched with her). But God reminds me that we aren't there yet and to just take it one step and one day at a time. He also reminds me that He is control of this whole adoption and it is for His Glory. He knows the time table and He will provide all we need.
Psalm 37:5 "Commit your way to the Lord,
trust in him, and he will act."
No comments:
Post a Comment