Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bittersweet


A lot of the parts of this adoption process are exciting and time consuming. We get one form done and another comes in. We finish one process and move on to the next. We are very excited about getting closer and closer to bringing "Kayla" home. We want it to be as soon as possible, of course. But with "Kayla" coming home, that means we will travel away from our 3 kids. Tim will be gone 2-3 weeks and I will be gone 6-7 weeks. Anytime I think about being gone for that long it just makes me cry.

I have thought about having them come with us. It would be quite expensive and I'm not sure how that will work with school. My guess is that school won't like them being gone that long. Tim thinks it may be good for us to bond with "Kayla" before she meets the rest of the family. I sometimes think that. And sometimes I think it would be good for the kids to see her country and to bond with her for the long stay in Ecuador before we get back home to "reality".

Only God knows what will happen. I have to remind myself that whatever happens, He will take care of us whether we are together or apart.

No comments: