Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day Trip

It's been a long time! I am going through a lot of changes. Most of them I don't understand. My body hasn't been the same since we got back from Ecuador. I've been more tired and rundown. I've just not been "myself". It can be very frustrating, but there isn't a lot I can do about it. I used to be able to accomplish a lot more in a day. I could just push through and do what needed to be done. I didn't take very good care of myself and maybe it's catching up with me. Who knows. I had blood work done for our insurance in November, so I know all those things are fine. :)
I just keep praying and keep trusting in God. I think He is trying to get me to
s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. Ya think?!

Our family is still on the road to mending and growing closer together. Some days are better than others. Some days the kids get along and on other days they shock me with their mean-ness! I didn't know I raised kids that could be SO rude and mean to each other. The days when God gives me a small glimmer of hope when someone is kind to another are great!

Here's a brief update of 2013 so far.
*Mia had 4 teeth pulled in January that were basically rotten. She did really well. A couple weeks later, she had spacers put in, 2 crowns and a cavity filled. Phew!


*We celebrated my birthday in February and the kids had a Cultural Night at their school. Each class learns about a different country and decorates their rooms.


*My parents came for a visit in February. It was a nice break in the winter! We did some house projects, went ice skating and the kids went to a movie with my parents. Just after they left, it snowed here!




*Lizzie started Safety Patrol at school in the mornings. She goes early every other week and helps kids unload in the car rider line. She likes it!


*The kids went to a friends birthday party at Sky High. It's a trampoline play place with dodge ball and a foam pit!

Bouncing off the walls!

Boing!!

Rope swing into a foam pit. Tarzan!!

Just Ben's legs! haha


*Tim and I took the kids on individual "date nights". Lizzie went with Tim to see The Hobbit. Tim took Mia out to eat. I took each boy to eat and to the arcade.



*Lizzie and Josh were checked out at the orthodontist. Josh ended up needing some kind of "spacing device" on the top of his mouth. His jaw needs to be straightened and he needs more room on the top of his mouth. He did well through all the fitting process and getting it put in. He has to have it at least 8 weeks. We'll go for a check up in May. We're still just "keeping an eye" on Lizzie's teeth. I actually need some orthodontic work done, but don't know when that will happen since our insurance doesn't cover over age 19.


*Tim took the boys to their first Hockey Game. They got a cheap deal with Groupon for the Charlotte Checkers. They enjoyed that!


*Lizzie will play Volley Ball with Victory Sports and the boys will play Flag Football starting next week. Mia has to wait till the fall for Soccer.
*We celebrated Easter! We went to church, decorated eggs, had an egg hunt and of course have lots of candy.




We didn't have any plans for Spring Break this year. Tim was taking a work trip at the end of the week and I just haven't been excited about taking this "circus" on the road. Plus, we didn't have the money yet. :)
On Monday I had the thought of taking a day trip with the kids. We used to do this often, but like I said, things are different right now. I asked Tim and went back and forth with the "should I or shouldn't I" and then decided to try. After thinking of lots of options we decided on a day trip to the Charleston, SC area.

We went to Patriot's Point to see the aircraft carriers and submarine and then to Isle of Palms beach for the afternoon. We had a good time. It was warm, but very windy on the beach. I'm surprised the kids lasted as long as they did. They dug in the sand and buried themselves for hours. We didn't wear swimsuits. In fact, I wore pants and a coat and covered in a towel.

In the Pilot ready room on the aircraft carrier


Behind F-14 Tomcat

Lizzie loved the planes! This is a Skyhawk

Lizzie at the helm. Look out!!




Thanks for those who have prayed for us. Keep them coming please!
I am having trouble uploading pictures. I will try to add them later.

Cindy




No comments: