Thursday, November 4, 2010

God at work



Someone asked me yesterday what my favorite part of my trip to Ecuador was. I thought for a moment and told her that it was interaction with the kids and double dutch... But later my "real" answer came to my mind. (I'm not good at answering things on the spot most of the time).
The answer that came to me was seeing God and work in me and in those around me.

He took such good care of me. He knows my limits and abilities. He showed me that I can be used for Him if the only thing I can do is wash dishes at a special needs school or comb and style hair at a special needs home. I went into those two ministries very afraid and almost panicky. I didn't know what I would see or what I could possibly do to help, but God did. He knew I have worked in kitchens before, thanks to Jerry and Lisa Hood, and he knows I love to do my daughter's hair, even though she doesn't let me.

God knows me. That's a profound thing to me. With all the people in the world and all the things happening at once, He knows me. Even better than I know myself. He goes before me and that is a comfort to me.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments: