Recently I have found out about a world wide web classroom that Oprah is hosting and supporting that teaches a book called "A New Earth", by Eckhart Tolle. It's her latest book club selection. I haven't read the book, but I may just to be informed, but it appears to be written by an atheist who teaches that you are the source of strength and power in your life. And even had the words "I am" and "Being" and "Presence", referring to yourself, capitalized in the book. It just sends a bad feeling in me and seems like wrong teaching that could lead people astray. Especially with Oprah behind it!
The only thing that came to mind to actually do about this is spread the word and to ask christians to pray. Pray that people won't be fooled by it. ??
There is also another program on XM radio that teaches the "Course in Miracles" to people. It is another New Age teaching supported by Oprah. There are several courses in this one. In an email I received one lesson, #70 teaches that "my salvation comes from me" and that there is no sin, no evil, no devil and that God is "in" everyone and everything.
More false teaching that will lead others astray. The course is to be taught by Marianne Williamson, a New Age leader and Oprah's friend.
Enough of my "Oprah bashing" for now. I just felt compelled to send this out there to make people aware. There is more details on her website too.
Cindy
1 comment:
Cindy, I am with you on this one. I actually saw a copy of the book tonite & glanced at it. There were scripture references in it. But I agree with you; just in glancing at the book it seems very new agey(sp?) & I am tempted to pick up a copy just to see what it is about & so I know how to combat it.
God Bless, -Gail
Post a Comment