Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Venture


Most of you know that I like to bake. My most popular items are birthday cakes and cut out cookies. I have sent out an email to some local friends and neighbors letting them know about the things I can make. We'll see what happens. I have called my email and website Cindy's Bake Shop. I am also signed up for a Wilton cake decorating class at Michael's in Rock Hill to fine tune my skills. It starts tonight and lasts four weeks, one night a week. This is the first of three courses they offer. Eventually, I wouldn't mind getting a degree or certificate in baking and pastry arts, but I'm going to start here and feel it all out. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I made a blues clues cake for Jonathon for his 2nd birthday and it looked nothing like that; it looked more like a drunk decorated it!! So talented!!!

Jen Whisonant said...

I loved my baby shower cake that you made and not just because it was cake and i was pregnant - because it was beautiful and made with love!

Jen said...

Way to go! I wish I was there to take that decorating class with you. That would be so fun. Maybe I'll have to check into doing one here. The blues clues cake is excellent.